Your Guide to All Things Privacy
1. All for you
Your data will only be used to benefit you and your shopping experience.
2. Our promise
You have our word that we’ll treat and protect your data like it’s our own.
3. Straight up
We’ll give it to you straight and keep you updated with what you need to know.
4. No small talk
Let us know your preferences – you decide what and how you hear from us.
5. Just the essentials
We won’t keep your data for no reason. If we don’t need them, we’ll delete them
Protecting your Privacy At AETHRA, we’ve got your back when it comes to your style and those all-important personal details. Our customers are super important to us, which means protecting our customers by keeping their personal data and information secure at all costs is a main priority. We know the world of data security can be tricky , but we want you to be fully clued up on everything you need to know when it comes to your personal information and how it’s used. Consider this your guide to all things privacy related.
HOW WE GET YOUR INFO
Most of the information you, the customer, provide us with happens when you’re engaging with us and our brand. This could be from anything from browsing the site, to purchasing and registering for an account.
When creating and registering an account, you may provide us with personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, phone number, credit card details, date of birth and other general marketing preferences.
We may also receive information from you via you entering one of our competitions, participating in any feedback questionnaires around your shopping experience with us, or from any communication you may have with our customer services team.
WHAT YOU’RE USING (DEVICE INFORMATION)
WHERE YOU’RE AT (LOCATION INFORMATION)
GETTING YOUR NEW SHOES TO YOU (DELIVERY)
KEEPING YOU IN THE LOOP (MARKETING)
TAKING YOUR MONIES (PAYMENT)
PURCHASE HISTORY AND SAVED ITEMS
FIXING YOUR PROBLEMS (CUSTOMER SERVICES)
- As long as you have an account with us.
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you.
- Or as long as it is necessary in order to produce support related activities.
In certain cases, we may keep hold of some of your information after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. This type of situation may arise if your details are needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by companies.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we purge your data, stop processing it or collecting it in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your country’s data protection regulator — in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint to make, or just have a question for us – get in touch!
- If you have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- If you would like us to stop using your information.
- If you want to exercise any of your rights mentioned above.
- If you have a complaint – if you feel we’ve let you down or there’s any areas we could do better, we wanna know about it.
Our Customer Care team are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at email@example.com or else through ourpage.